Income protection for illness or injury with an investment element that can provide a lump sum pay out at Plan end date.
- Type of Plan
- Protection with investment element
- What is the youngest/oldest I can be to buy a Plan?
- What is the minimum time I can have a Plan for?
- 5 years
- Maximum age at end of Plan
- 50 to 70
- How long must I wait before making a claim (Deferred Period)?
- 1, 4, 8, 13, 26 or 52 weeks
- What is the maximum salary (before tax) you will cover?
- £100,000 per year
- Max benefit % income
- What is the maximum benefit payment I could receive?
- £60,000 per year
- What is the longest time I could claim for?
- To Plan end date
- Can I claim multiple times on the Plan?
- Does the benefit payment stay the same?
- Yes - with option to increase benefit in line with RPI
- What does Incapacity mean?
- An illness or injury occurring during the cover period which prevents you from engaging in your 'own occupation' for 104 weeks then 'own or reasonably suited' occupation thereafter
- Are my Premiums guaranteed or are they reviewed?
- Guaranteed to your client's rate table. Age-related increase each year on 1st Jan.
- Is my benefit payment linked to the retail price index (RPI)?
- If selected will increase by RPI (max 10% per year)
- Is there a waiver of Premium?
- Applied after 52 weeks of claim payment
- Is there a guaranteed income option?
- When and how will my benefit be paid to me during the claim?
- Twice monthly via direct credit
- Is there a tax free lump sum at the end of the Plan?
- Are there additional benefits with the Plan?
- Free Member Assistance Programme
Key Features Document