The coronavirus situation this year meant that we held our AGM online on Tuesday 23 June.
If you weren't able to join us, you can still hear from our CEO Stuart Tragheim who recorded his 2019 Strategic Report Summary which you can watch here.
Next year we hope to hold our AGM in person together with you our Members, at Holloway House.
Voting is now closed
Voting is now closed
Our online AGM was held on Tuesday 23 June.
1. To agree that the minutes of the last Annual General Meeting on the 12 June 2019 are correct - FOR
2. To receive and approve the Society’s 2019 financial statements, including the report of the Society’s Board - FOR
3. To approve the 2019 Directors’ Remuneration Report. (This is an advisory vote, to allow the Board to understand your views.) - FOR
4. To agree that PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP, 2 Glass Wharf, Bristol, BS2 0FR should continue to be the Independent Auditor - FOR
All of your Directors serve for a fixed term. Three of them were coming to the end of their current term and we asked you to consider re-electing them. The decisions were:
5. To re-elect Mr J. Holland, as an independent Non-Executive Director, for a further term of 1 year - FOR
6. To re-elect Mr D. Wright, as an independent Non-Executive Director, for a further term of 2 years - FOR
7. To re-elect Mr S. Tragheim, as an Executive Director, for a further term of 3 years - FOR
We always ask you to elect any new Directors at the next AGM after they joined the Board. This year, we had one new Director for you to consider. The decision was:
8. To elect Mr D. Cheeseman, as an independent Non-Executive Director, for a term of 3 years - FOR
John joined the Board in 2012 and was appointed Senior Independent Director in 2015.
He is a senior programme director with 35 years’ experience in insurance and banking. Much of John’s career has been in IT and leading transformational change programmes. During his time with Zurich, John was the IT Director for their UK Banking Division. Since then, he has served as the Interim Director of IT for The Pensions Regulator.
Derek is an actuary and has worked in the life insurance industry for many years. Derek was the chief actuary of
Laurentian Life in Gloucester until 1995 when he joined Deloitte LLP to set up its UK actuarial practice. He was appointed a partner of Deloitte in 1999. From 2011 until his retirement in 2015, Derek led the Canadian actuarial practice of Deloitte.
Stuart joined Holloway Friendly as Chief Executive in June 2016. He has worked in financial services for over 30
years in strategy, leadership and business development roles including firms such as Lloyds Banking Group and LV=. Stuart currently sits on the Board of the Association of Financial Mutuals and on the Board of the Investment & Life Assurance Group. He is a member of the PRA Practitioner Panel Insurance sub-Committee.
Dave is an actuary with over 30 years’ experience in the life insurance industry and brings a strong mix of financial, actuarial and operational skills. During the last 12 years he has been a board member of various life companies. From 2010 to 2016 he was Chief Finance Officer (CFO) of AXA UK Life and between 2017 and 2019 he was CFO for Phoenix Life.