In a nutshell
Short-term income protection that pays you an income to cover bills and out goings should you suffer an accident, are injured or become ill and are unable to work.
people who want to carry on getting paid when an accident, injury or illness stops them working for up to 2 years.
have a limited budget.
An essential purchase
Our premiums start at £8 a month.
No surprise premiums
Your premiums will increase with age but we'll tell you by how much before your Plan starts to help you manage your costs.
'Own Occupation' cover
We pay out if you can’t carry out your normal job.
Employed, self-employed or Company Director
We cover up to 60% of your gross income up to £100,000 – and payments are tax free under current rules.
Covers illness, accident and injury
Our Plans cover you whether you get ill or have an accident or injury - wherever it happens.
Unlimited claims can be made during the duration of the Plan.
Three things to be mindful of
This Plan has no cash in value
If you stop paying your premiums your cover will cease.
Benefits may affect State Benefits
You should discuss with your adviser how any state benefit may affect the cover you need.
What's not covered
This Plan does not cover you for redundancy or unemployment caused by anything other than illness or accidental injury.
Flexible options to suit your needs
You can choose how long you have to wait before we pay an income. This means you can choose 1, 4, 8, 13 or 26 weeks to match the benefits to the sick pay scheme provided by your employer.
Choice of cover
Choose to receive income for 1 or 2 years if you have to claim.
Level or escalating cover
You can choose to have a level benefit or for it to keep pace with inflation.
Room to move
We know that circumstances change – so you can increase or decrease your cover.
You can stop paying your premiums for up to 6 months if you are made redundant, go travelling or are on maternity or paternity leave.
You can include or exclude these – and we’ll review them if your hobbies change so you’re not paying for something you no longer do.
With great support
Member Assistance Programme
We don’t just hand over cash, we offer a helping hand to help you get back to work from practical advice to rehabilitation. Read more.
If you claim and could return to your pre-incapacity occupation in a part time or reduced role, you may receive additional benefit for up to 12 months to support your transition back to fulltime occupation.
If you claim and wish to train for or start new employment at a lower salary, we may provide a partial benefit for up to 12 months to reflect your reduced income.
Things to consider
Who is this Plan for?
You qualify for this product if:
- You are between 18 and 59 years of age.
- You select a term of at least 5 years your Plan end date.
- For the last 12 months or more you have been in employment or have a proven trading history of self-employment, and you are working more than 16 hours per week.
- For the last 12 months you have been a UK or EU citizen who has been a permanent resident in the UK and registered with a Doctor.
- You have no immediate intention to change your job or move abroad.
- You have a UK bank account.
- You are an income taxpayer in the UK.
Things to be aware of
- Our plans do not cover you for redundancy or unemployment caused by anything other than illness or accidental injury.
- Our plans do not cover you for pre-existing medical conditions. However, new conditions arising are covered for the duration of the plan.
For further details, please refer to the Key Features Document.
You're trying to access our website on an outdated and unsupported browser.
To contact Holloway Friendly: