In a nutshell
A straightforward income protection plan that pays you an income to cover your out goings should you suffer an accident, are injured or become ill and are unable to work up until the Plan end date.
people who want the security of income protection to Plan end date if accident, injury or illness stops them being able to work.
An essential purchase
Our premiums start at only £10 a month.
No surprise premiums
Your premiums will increase with age but we'll tell you by how much before your Plan starts to help you manage your costs.
'Own Occupation' cover
We pay out if you can’t carry out your normal job.
Employed, Self-Employed or Co. Director
We cover up to 60% of your gross income up to £56,666 - and payments are tax free under current rules.
Covers illness, accident and injury
Our plans cover you whether you get ill or have an accident or injury - whether it happens at work or not.
We don’t limit the number of claims you can make during the duration of the plan.
Three things to be mindful of
This Plan has no cash in value
Benefit may affect State Benefit
What's not covered
Flexible options to suit your needs
You can choose how long you have to wait before we pay an income. This means you can choose 1 day or 4, 8, 13, 26 or 52 weeks to match the benefits to the sick pay provided by your employer (as applicable).
Level or escalating cover
You can choose to fix your benefit, or for it to keep pace with inflation.
Room to move
We know that circumstances change – so you can increase or decrease your cover.
You can stop paying your premiums for up to 6 months if you are made redundant, go travelling or are on maternity or paternity leave.
You can include or exclude these – and we’ll review them if your hobbies change so you’re not paying for something you no longer do.
With great support
Member Assistance Programme
We don’t just hand over cash, we offer a helping hand to help you get back to work from practical advice to real rehabilitation. Read more.
Pays to the Plan end date
This plan can pay benefits all the way to your Plan end date should you need it.
If you claim and wish to train for, or start new employment, we may provide a reduced benefit to contribute towards any potential income short fall.
Things to consider
Who is this Plan for?
You qualify for this product if:
- You work for at least 16 hours a week or more.
- You have been permanently resident in the UK for 36 months or more.
- You are between 18 and 54 years of age inclusive.
- You have a minimum term of 5 years remaining before your chosen retirement age for the Plan.
- You have been registered with a GP in the UK for more than 36 months.
- You have a bank account in the UK.
- You are an Income Taxpayer in the UK.
Things to be aware of
- Our plans do not cover you for redundancy or unemployment caused by anything other than illness or accidental injury.
- Our plans do not over you for pre-existing medical conditions. However, as this is a "term policy" any condition you suffer from following the Start Date of the plan will be covered.
For further details, please refer to the Key Features Document.
You're trying to access our website on an outdated and unsupported browser.
To contact Holloway Friendly: