A coronavirus update for our Members

Page updated at 08:00 Monday 9 November 2020

Holloway Friendly Approach to COVID-19 – For Members and applicants

Click here for our updated FAQs or see below for an overview of our approach. Our previous updates have been archived and you can find them here

Are you open?

Yes, we’re open as normal to help with all your income protection needs.

We’re open from 9.00am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday.

You can contact us by:

Phone – 0800 0931 535

Email - MemberServices@holloway.co.uk

Our website also holds useful information - www.holloway.co.uk

How can I apply?

We’re ready to receive your application for income protection from your Adviser as soon as you’re both ready.

If you don’t have an Adviser then you can find an adviser close to where you live at www.unbiased.co.uk

Has my plan changed?

Your plan will carry on exactly as it has since it started. We have made no changes to your valuable cover.

If you want to talk to us about your plan you can contact us by:

Phone – 0800 0931 535

Email - MemberServices@holloway.co.uk

What happens if I'm furloughed (or the equivalent scheme for self-employed)?

Unfortunately, we’re unable to accept new applications if you are currently furloughed or are using the self-employed scheme.

What happens if I cannot afford my payments? 

Earlier in the year, we launched a temporary payment holiday option to help Members who were financially impacted by Coronavirus. We previously extended this to allow Members to take a payment holiday up to and including October’s premium.

But we know that life still isn’t back to ‘normal’ for many people, and due to the second national lockdown we wanted to continue our support, and have decided to further extend our temporary payment holiday until the end of January 2021.

Our “payment holiday” means you can temporarily stop paying your monthly payments if you’re having financial difficulties.

If you are having financial difficulties you can now extend your payment holiday until the end of January 2021 and that’s the last month you won’t pay anything. Your monthly payments and cover will re-start in February 2021.

If you have used the payment holiday for less than 6 months, when your payments re-start there will be no health forms to fill in.

However, if you have used the payment holiday for more than 6 months of premiums, then you will have to complete a Declaration of Health form which we will need to review before we can restart your cover. If this happens and your health has significantly changed during the payment holiday, we may either have to limit your cover or may not be able to restart their cover. This would only apply to anyone extending their existing payment holiday beyond November. 

You can apply for a payment holiday as long as you’ve been paying for your plan for at least 3 months.

It’s important to understand that whilst you have a payment holiday you won’t be able to make a claim.

As well as our payment holiday we also have a Career Break option. This allows you to temporarily stop your cover for up to 6 months if you’ve had your plan for over 3 years.

How will you support me?

If you need to make a claim you can fill in the “claim notification form” on our website www.holloway.co.uk/members/claims

Once we’ve received your claim, one of our claims specialists will call you to talk through everything.

If you want to speak to one of our claims specialists please call us on 01452 782 754. We’re open Monday to Friday from 9.00am till 5.00pm

Our Claims specialists have a range of support services that they can use to get you back on your feet such as:

  • Offering you a clinical review with a Nurse by phone or video conference.
  • Putting you in touch with our partners who offer counselling and rehabilitation in many areas and have specialist Nurses who can support you through your illness or injury

Care First is our support service for all our Members and their families. You can use it at any time without making a claim. They’re open 24 hours a day, 365 days of the year. They have British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) accredited counsellors and Citizen Advice trained information specialists, and also offer an interpreter service in 150 languages.

You can find further information with our updated FAQs here

This page is up to date as at 09/11/2020.

Download acrobat reader