This page is for Financial Advisers - if you are a Member or looking to apply for income protection, please click here.
Page updated at 15:00 Tuesday 30 March 2021
Holloway Friendly Approach to COVID-19 – For Financial Advisers
Click here for our updated FAQs or see below for an overview of our approach. Our previous updates have been archived and you can find them here.
Are you open for business?
We’re open to receive new applications.
Our active product range is available on your usual portal.
We’re also ready to deal with enquiries or requests from you about your clients existing plans.
Please speak to your usual contact if you need any help with anything.
We’re open from 9.00am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday.
Do you currently have any COVID-19 exclusions for new business?
We currently only have a ‘coronavirus exclusion’ for any plans sold with a 1 week deferred period. We review this position regularly.
What COVID-19 exclusions apply to existing members?
Only plans sold since 13 March 2020 with a 1 week deferred period will have a ‘coronavirus exclusion’
From 17 March 2020 we applied a ‘coronavirus exclusion’ to any plans sold with a 4 week or 8 week deferred period. We are pleased to confirm that from 12 March 2021 we were able to remove this exclusion so that it no longer applies to either new business or any existing members. We’ll be contacting existing Members to let them know.
Will you accept applications from clients on furlough?
We’re unable to accept new applications if your client is currently furloughed or are using the self-employed scheme.
What are you doing to help my clients?
In the spring of 2020, we launched a temporary payment holiday option to help Members who were financially impacted by Coronavirus. We previously extended this to allow Members to take a payment holiday up to and including the premium for April 2021.
But we know that life still isn’t back to ‘normal’ for many people, and due to the extended lockdown we wanted to continue our support. So we have extended our temporary payment holiday until the end of September 2021.
Our “payment holiday” means your clients can temporarily stop paying their monthly payments if they are having financial difficulties, but they won’t have any income protection whilst they take a payment holiday.
If your client returns to ‘normal’ work during the holiday, they need to let us know so their payments and cover can restart.
The conditions of our payment holiday are still the same:
Your clients can use the “holiday” after they’ve been paying for their plan for at least 3 months
- During the payment holiday your client won’t be able to make a claim.
- If your client uses the payment holiday for less than 6 months, there will be no health forms to fill in. However, if they use the payment holiday for more than 6 months, they will need to complete a Declaration of Health form which we will review before we can restart their cover. If this happens and your client’s health has significantly changed during the payment holiday, we may either have to limit their cover or may not be able to restart their cover. This would only apply to anyone extending their existing payment holiday beyond November.
- All payment holidays will finish in September 2021. Your client’s payments and cover will re-start in October 2021.
This benefit is in addition to the Career Break Option that is already part of our plans.
How can my clients make a claim?
We are here for all your clients who need to claim.
There are 2 ways your clients can make a claim:
1. With your support they can complete the “claim notification form” on our website www.holloway.co.uk/members/claims
2. If they prefer to speak to someone, they should call us on 01452 782 754. We’re open from Monday to Friday, 9.00am to 5.00pm.
How will you support my clients?
Our support is tailored to your client based on their needs and could include:
- A clinical review with a Nurse by phone or video conference.
- Putting your client in touch with our partners, who offer counselling and rehabilitation in many areas or who have specialist Nurses who can support your client through their illness or injury
Care first is our support service for Members and their families. It can be used at any time without making a claim. Care first are open 24 hours a day, 365 days of the year. They have British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) accredited counsellors and Citizen Advice trained information specialists, and offer an interpreter service in 150 languages.
Will having the Covid-19 vaccine impact my client's cover?
No, having the Covid-19 vaccine will not impact your client's income protection cover in any way.
You can find further information with our updated FAQs here.
This page is up to date as at 30/03/2021.